Cannes Lions has announced that the annual Festival of Creativity will not take place in 2020. The next edition of the Festival will run June 21-25, 2021. Therefore also the Young Lions Competition has been cancelled for this year. However, the Competition stays open for next year and we are looking forward to receive your submissions.
Prove us your worth and represent our country at Cannes Lions. You’ll stand a chance to conquer the stage and receive a medal in the prestigious Young Lions Film Competition.
>> WHAT IS THE YOUNG LIONS FILM COMPETITION?
48 hours to edit a 60″ commercial
Imagine having only 48 hours to film and edit a 60-second commercial, filmed entirely on a camera that the festival provides. This is the challenge that young creatives face in the Film Competition at Cannes Lions.
Brightfish is looking for the best Belgian Young Lions Film team who will represent our country in Cannes from 21 June until 25 June 2021. To participate in this international Competition, you will first need to get selected = win the Competition in Belgium.
Then the Belgian team will compete with more than 45 other Young Lions film teams to win a Film medal on stage.
>> WHO ARE YOU?
Art directors, producers, film makers, creatives
You are a creative team with strategic insight and film editing skills.
- Each team consists of two Belgian young professionals not older than 30 years old by 26 June 2020. You hold the Belgian nationalilty and you were born on or after 26 June 1989.
- You both work in creative communications, advertising, digital agencies, typically as art director, producer, film maker or creative.
- Freelancers will be accepted to compete in this competition.
- In-house creative teams from client companies will be accepted to compete in this competition.
- You ‘re a Apple Final Cut Pro wizard.
>> YOUR MISSION
From script to shortlist to film to Cannes
1. Send us your script before 18/4/2021
2. Get shortlisted by the Belgian jury
3. Selected teams will submit their film before 9 May
- The shortlisted teams will have the chance to film their script
- Submit your film here
- Deadline to send the film: Sunday 9 May 2021 midnight
4. Receive your ticket to Cannes !
- We will organize a jury screening with all selected teams. Supporting colleagues are welcome.
>> WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Aside from experience, honor, fame
- A unique access to the official Cannes Lions Young Film Competition
- 2 x roundtrip airline tickets Brussels – Cannes
- 2 x Young Lions festival passes with access to all sessions
- Accommodation during the Cannes Lions festival 2021
- Who knows: a medal onstage! The Gold winning Film team win passes and accommodation for the following years Festival.